Mission & Vision Statement
Mission StatementIn partnership,
our parents, staff and community
will challenge each student to reach full potential in a
vibrant, caring environment.
Boston Harbor School, staff, parents, and community will:
- Create a safe, nurturing environment;
- Inspire a sense of wonder for life-long learning;
- Empower and challenge students, staff and parents to achieve excellence;
- Promote respect, caring and the social and cultural awareness of all individuals.
Boston Harbor School will challenge students with an integrated curriculum that:
- Builds excellence in basic skills, the arts, sciences and technology;
- Promotes creativity and problem-solving;
- Promotes health and fitness;
- Develops competence, confidence, and the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
Boston Harbor School, staff, parents and community will:
- Prepare students to participate and serve in the community;
- Encourage the community to assist students in learning;
- Empower parents to become full partners in the education of their children;
- Foster an awareness and stewardship for our Puget Sound environment;
- Link the school and community by providing opportunities for life-long learning.