Welcome to the Boston Harbor Elementary Band Webpage!
I hope this page can provide some resources for you to become the best musician you can be. :)
5th Grade Band meets Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 2:05-2:35pm
We meet in the music room.
Best way to contact me is at: email@example.com
or leave a message with Boston Harbor school secretary: 360-596-6200
Where is Mr. Grostick?
Reeves Middle School:
zero period (7:30a) - Jazz Band & Drumline
2nd period - RMS 7th/8th Grade Band
3rd period - RMS 7th/8th Grade Band
4th period - RMS 6th Grade Band
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Boston Harbor & Roosevelt Elementary Bands (grade 5)
Tuesday & Thursday:
ORLA Bands (grades 4-6)
Audio / Video Files:
- Galactic Episode - John O'Reilly & Mark Williams
- Eagle Summit March - Mark Williams
- Lost Kingdom - John O'Reilly
- Holiday Sampler - arr. Williams
- SmartMusic this interactive computer program is probably the most comprehensive way for students to practice and get instant feedback on their progress. At only $40, it has thousands of songs to practice with, including our book. Once you load it, download "Accent on Achievement - Book One" and you'll be having fun in no time! See website (click link above) for more information.
- Online Metronome
- Online Tuner
Reading Music (videos):
- How To Read Music - from TED.com - this is for most all students and normal people.
- Learn Notation Song (treble clef) - this is for those who really need help with treble clef (and like folk-rock songs that sound like the Proclaimers...)
Note Reading Games (online):
- Treble Lines and Spaces - basic quiz for treble clef students, includes ledger lines!
- Bass Lines and Spaces - basic quiz for bass clef students, include ledger lines!
- Whack a Note - for beginners & learning basic note names. I think it's treble clef only though.
- Word Warrior - Treble Clef - interesting treble clef quiz that groups notes and you have to choose the correct identification without killing the space dude.
- Word Warrior - Bass Clef - interesting bass clef quiz that groups notes and you have to choose the correct identification without killing the space dude.
- MusicTheory.net note identification quiz - for more advanced students and learning all notes in all clefs (be sure to adjust the clefs and range in the settings in the upper right corner)