Heather Myers 1st grade glass engaged in 'Wonders'
Una celebración de familias set on November 3
Una celebración de familias will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. on Thursday, November 3 in the Knox Administrative Center Boardroom.
The event is geared toward Spanish-speaking families to learn about Skyward Family Access and other local services and resources available in the Olympia community. Pizza and refreshments will be available to all attendees.
Community organizations attending include:
- South Sound Reading Foundation, donating books in Spanish and English to families.
- Centro Integral Educativo de Olympia (CIELO), providing education, social services and cultural activities for Spanish-speaking and underserved communities of South Puget Sound.
- Thurston County Public Health, offering no-cost flu immunizations (ages 3-18 years).
- Choice Network, providing information about affordable health care.
- Hands on Children’s Museum, giving away free passes to the museum.
- YMCA of Olympia, giving away free passes to the local YMCAs.
Oct. 31 is last day to register in person to vote in Nov. 8 election
Thurston County residents not yet registered to vote in Washington state can register in person through Monday, October 31 to participate in the November 8, 2016 General Election.
Free parent education workshops
The Olympia School District will host a series of free parent education workshops this year led by Candyce Lund Bollinger, a local parent educator for the past 35 years.
Avanti High named a School of Distinction
Avanti High School joins an elite group of less than 100 schools statewide that have been named a School of Distinction for being among the top 5 percent of highest improving schools.